Saturday, July 4, 2015

Deadly Little Games by Laurie Faria Stolarz

This is the third book in the Touch series I do have the first two books reviewed. If you go to Deadly Little Lies review I have the first book linked there. Stolarz did publish a book back in 2014 so if you are looking to read something from her that is recent there is Welcome to the Dark House.



Camila and Ben both have the power of psychometry, it's rare to find someone that close to you that has the same specialness as you. Ben can lose control though, if he starts to feel something more malevolent. Camila's specialness gets itself out when she works with her clay. Most of the time she doesn't even understand what it means. Back together they barely have time to talk things through before something start to stir up again. This time, Camila isn't the target of someone's ministrations. This time it is Adam, someone from Ben's past. Clues begin to pile up faster and faster and it's apparent that he's in danger. But who can be trusted?

*nearly put my head through a wall* That's a great start to likes right....? I liked that when problems began to pop up with Ben and her she tried to straighten things out. That's how relationships work, things pop up the couple works on them, when both are ready. Honestly though Kimmie, Wes, and Aunt Alexia saved this book for me. Otherwise I would have put it down. I also liked that Stolarz tried to put more than one topic in that could possibly happen with being a teen, like parents going through a divorce, relationship drama, family problems, parents pressuring. All of these could be a reality as you grow up. I liked it a lot that the puzzles that were being sent to Adam where put in the book as well. Lastly I liked that Camila got to interact with Alexia in this book.

Now for the dislikes. I actually put off typing up this part because I didn't want to completely slam the book. I've been through the relationship that Camila and Ben have (just without the psychometry) and reading what they (Ben) were doing was driving me mad. Ben downright annoyed the fuck out of me and I used to like him! I can understand a person being afraid because of their past, but guess what? IT'S THE FRICKIN' PAST YOU HAVE TO LEARN FROM IT AND MOVE ON! Ladies and gents, do not want this type of relationship. It's not healthy and it's not fun, take it from someone who was there for almost 4 years. Please enjoy your younger years, being an adult isn't as cracked up as it is made to look like. Be single and enjoy it. I stated that I liked that Stolarz tried to put a lot of possible drama besides relationship, but I felt that it was a lot going on for this book. Stolarz should have picked a couple and went with it not all of them. I was more interested with what was going on with Kimmie, Wes, and Alexia then Camila, Adam and Ben. Again, I could have done without the love triangle.

I went ahead and read what the next book is about and I don't know if I will be getting to it soon. I don't want to deal with Ben and Adam anymore. I was more disappointed with this than anything and actually didn't want to read it most of the time because of everything. I still recommend it to a younger audience but, again do not romance Ben and Camila's "relationship", it isn't as "romantic" as it seems. I don't think I would reread Deadly Little Games, and I don't think I would buy it at even half price or at all.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5.

Page Count: 297 pages (hardcover)

Price: $16.99

Next Book: My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Short Stories

Thanks for reading everyone,
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment