Saturday, February 14, 2015

Gone by Lisa McMann

Third and final book in the Wake trilogy, I do have Wake and Fade reviewed. If you would like to read them click on their titles and you will be taken to my reviews. I can do a review of the trilogy as a whole if requested, otherwise I will just continue on with the planned reviews to come. If you would like for me to do something like that, say something. I will leave my Tumblr link at the very bottom of this, and if you would like to say so there go right on ahead. Anonymous is on for those who would like to utilize it.

Janie knew what her future was going to be like, or so she thought. She'd make peace with it and not avoid it until the last minute. The only thing she didn't want, was to drag Cabel down with her. He will stay with her, even though she knows what he fears through his dreams. It makes her an emotional and mental train wreck. She knows what she has to do to set him free. She has to disappear completely, and this is going to hurt them both. The next thing Janie knows a stranger comes into her life and everything she thought she knew comes undone. The future she thought she knew has a twist to it. Her choices are more desperate, and she has to choose between the lesser of two evils to live with.

For a final book, I would say this one wasn't bad. It tied up loose ends, it answered questions, and it didn't leave me hanging. It left enough up to the imagination at the end and the rest is how ever the reader perceives it to be. I really enjoyed reading Gone, it picked up not too long after Fade. The trials of the three teachers are over and Janie's cover was blown. No surprise there, she was forewarned that that could happen. I couldn't put this book down, I wanted to know what was going to happen with Janie and what her big decision would be at the end. And I wanted to know who this mysterious guy would end up being, though I pretty much knew. I liked how it was portrayed that being in a relationship at a young age isn't always the easiest thing, especially when you have to act so grown. Some relationships won't be a walk in the park, they need work and communication from both sides. Communication, yet again, is an essential for a relationship. Even though Janie could see the inner turmoil in Cable through his dreams, he wasn't talking about it. I know I didn't mention this before, but both Fade and Gone, the copies I checked out from my library smelled amazing. I don't know how or why but they did.

I was disappointed in how predictable most of Gone was. I was hoping for the same mystery as in the first book, but I found that I knew what was going to happen pretty soon after reading the back of the book. I knew there would be two choices and only two choices for Janie to make. Go into seclusion or stay with Cabe and suffer the consequences of being a dream walker. That was pretty much the whole entire basis of this book. Janie making her decision. I was hoping for more action, but I was really let down. Yes, things did happen that we as readers wanted to know since Wake, but it was what had to happen to give this book length. Things could have been much worse, but this book had so much potential. I am severely angry when it comes to Janie's mom and why she is a drunk. *SPOILER-ALERT* The mystery man is obviously Janie's father. Come to find out he doesn't live that far away from her. He lives a secluded life and has his consequences because of it. He's also a dream walker. All because Janie's mom couldn't be with him, she became a drunk.*SPOILER-ENDED* She has a child and she should look at it as, she still has a piece of him that she can give unconditional love to.

In all I was more disappointed in Gone. I still think it was a great read, and I loved it, I just wish there was more than what was given. I absolutely still recommend this book and this trilogy, and I would love to own all three. Would I reread Gone as much? Probably not. People of all ages could get into this trilogy, not just young adults. I will say it again, if you want my review of the trilogy as a whole, you can leave a comment on this review saying so, or go to my Tumblr (link at the bottom) and say so there.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5.

Page Count: 214 pages (hardcover)

Next Book: Swept Up by Kayla Dawn Thomas

Thank you for reading!
~Jade


Tumblr link: http://jades-reviews.tumblr.com/ (If you want to ask me a question or talk look at the very top, and where it says "Questions? ASK ME HERE!" click that and it will enable you to ask away.

No comments:

Post a Comment