Saturday, February 28, 2015

January & February Book Haul

Whelp, technology officially hates me. This will be the second time I type up this book haul in full. So if it is on the rougher side, I apologize and I will try to get all of them worked out. I got quite a number of books this time in both January and February combined. I really like this bi-monthly book hauls, it seems to be working out well for me. So without any further ado let's get into the book haul!

In January I got 8 books, two of which where ebooks.

For those of you who remember in my November & December book haul I ranted about not being able to get the ebooks onto my Kindle app. I found some time to be able to talk with someone from Amazon and after being switched to about four different people, I was told that because I have Window's 8 I wouldn't be able to read the books. An hour later I got an email from Amazon that prompted me to download yet another Kindle app and I am now able to read the ebooks! Finally! I got Wings of Vengeance by Kylie Price, who is the same author I reviewed Trinity-The Prophecy for. And from a few months before I finally can read Sleepwalker Chronicles: The Awakening by Lilith Black.

These next two books I got notice that I had won them on the last day of December but they didn't get to me until January. Strong Like Me by Laurel Veil is the first one, and I did review it not too long ago. It came to be signed. Veil has a number of other books out that are more for middle schoolers. The second book is Visions in Silver by Anne Bishop. This is the third book in Bishop's The Others series, two more books are expected in the next two years.

Another middle school book that I won is The Underground Princess by J.W. Zulauf (whom it was signed by), and illustrated by Luke Spooner. It's small and looks to be a very good book. Zulauf has four other books out. However, Cauchemar by Alexandra Grigorescu is her debut novel and I cannot wait to read others by her. The next review to go up after this book haul will be Cauchemar. Another signed book I got was Swept Up by Kayla Dawn Thomas, which is also reviewed. This was sent to me graciously by Thomas after I notified her that I couldn't get my Kindle app to work for the ebook I was originally given. Lastly in January I won Zombie Loyalists: Using Great Service to Create Rabid Fans by Peter Shankman. Shankman has lots of business-related books published.

In February I got 8 books two of which are ebooks, the same as in January.

Starting with the ebooks again, I got Wishing on Baby Dust by Lydia Winters, it looks to be a stand-alone. I got this book by participating in a FaceBook launch party. Winters has one other book set to come out later on this year. The second ebook I got is Saffron-The Blood Swan by D. Aswini. I won this book when the author asked me to take a quiz which would then enter me to win the ebook. This is the only book by Aswini thus far.

As for physical books I got Avenger's Heat by Katie Reus. This is the fourth book in Reus's Moon Shifter series. There is one other book out for the series. I don't think I will get to reviewing this book anytime because I want to read the previous books, to avoid any spoilers. However Broken by Cynthia Eden is the first book in her Lost series or possibly trilogy. The second book in Noelle August's Boomerang series is Rebound. Another book for the series is set to be published later on this year.

These last three books I was really excited to receive. The first one which is also signed is, Utopia, Iowa by Brian Yanksky. Yansky also has five other books published. Another signed book, this one is Forgive Me by Eliza Freed. It is the first book in Freed's Lost Souls series. The last book for this book haul and for the month of February is Magic for Beginners: Stories by Kelly Link. Link has a number of other books published.



Before I end this book haul I do want to say that I received a lot of these books through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway, but in no other way am I being sponsored to make a review on them or to even talk about them. I may get to a review of them quickly, I may not. It all depends on what I feel like reading. Once again if anyone has a problem with this please feel free to email me and we can discuss this.

I hope you enjoyed this book haul. Tell me what books you got, I would love to know!

Next book: Cauchemar by Alexandra Grigorescu

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment