Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

I've been looking at this series for a while now. I have wanted to read them because I have only read YA from Mead before. I know I need to finish the Vampire Academy series, which I will. Mead has quite a few series out and this is the first book in the Georgia Kincaid series. If this series doesn't appeal to you, maybe something else will. I want to continue reading this series, I really liked this book.


Being a Succubus isn't as cracked up as it seems. Besides the fact that they can be what ever they want, Georgina's life as one isn't the easiest. Georgina can't get close to a human without sucking part of their life away. So having a relationship isn't easy either. Her job makes up for something's, she works at a local bookstore. Which means she has access to her favorite author's books; Seth Mortensen. She can dream about him all she wants but other things are brewing. There are some creatures that neither heaven nor hell will claim, and they are stirring up more than enough trouble for the demon network in Seattle.

I laughed so much when I read this book. The quick whit from Georgina, and the smart remarks from everyone else was really entertaining. I made sure to pay attention when certain characters where in the picture because they normally had something funny to say. I want to more about Georgina, I want more from her early succubus days, and how she transitioned from human to succubus. I did like most all of the characters, I liked to dislike Helena. I have a feeling that I know where Georgina and Seth's relationship is going and it will either be a good response or a bad one from me, depending on how Mead handles it. I also want to see more from Seth's character. Things got really interesting at the end with Georgina and Seth.

I really don't remember not liking anything from Succubus Blues. I wish I could have read more of it in one sitting than I was able to do. The only thing I am questioning is if Roman is going to remain that big thing all through the series. I don't know how I will like that if he does, but again it all depends on how Mean has handled it. I have not read the other books summaries, I don't want to spoil anything for myself. I did see Roman being special in some way coming, and once certain factors where revealed I pretty much knew it, but it was pretty close to the end so it wasn't too bad.

This was a very easy read for me, like I said I just wish I could have read more when I was able to read it. I don't think I got everything from what little I could read, and that is why it took me so long to get this review up. I do recommend this book to a more mature audience, there are a few sexual encounters that parents may not find suitable for the younger ones. I would like to own this book, but the rest of the series remains to be seen.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Page Count: 358 pages (paperback)

Price: $15

Next Book: Diary of a Haunting by M. Verano

Thank you for reading, I know it was pretty crappy this time...
~Jade


You can also follow me on these sites: Facebook, Goodreads, Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment