Friday, September 16, 2016

Defying Destiny by Kylie Price

WHY IN THE WORLD DID I LET MYSELF TAKE SO LONG TO READ THIS BOOK?? I don't know but hey, I read it now! This is the second book in the Trinity series by Price, I do have the first book reviewed and I will be reviewing the third book. Price has an adult genre book out as well if the YA book isn't your cup of tea. I do have to thank Price, she gave the ebook to me for free, a long time ago. Thank you so much Kylie, you're seriously the best <3 And I suck and take forever to put up reviews. I need to get back in the swing of things.

Image result for defying destiny kylie price

Everything is changing. Some things really quickly and others not quick enough. Limits are pushed and bonds are formed or broken. Doubt can be poisonous and Trinity is slowly being infected from it. If she can get over the doubt and trust herself, she might be able to see things clearly. She can either defy what fate is trying to push her towards or continue. Which will it be?

I like that this second book picked up almost right after the first. Seeing as it's been a while since I read the first there wasn't much recap, which was good and bad. Good, because it was like picking up a new book and jumping into something awesome. Bad, because it took me a little longer to piece things together but I really didn't mind it. I laughed quite a few times and I think my favorite part was when Trinity got all excited to be able to buy her own underwear. I get excited for new underwear too!! I know I was looking for a breakdown from Trinity, as I explain in the first book review. Well she did have that breakdown but got back up for the most part. I also liked that there was more of Garth, I don't know why but I really connected with him in the first book, and I did see the surprise with him coming. I liked the ebook format because it was easy to pull up the Kindle app on my phone and read. That's all I liked about the ebook format.

Lets just get the ebook dislikes out of the way. I didn't like that I didn't have a physical book to read but I will buy one eventually. I was reading off of a tiny screen and had to frequently stop because my eyes started to hurt. Even with reading books on a computer screen I still have to stop. I couldn't tell how far along I was because half of the time when I tried to get the page count to come up it didn't. Now things I didn't like about the book, it went by really quickly. I feel like I could have finished it in about a day if I really was able to sit down and read it. There was only a few spots that I felt like they dragged on but really it wasn't much.

I'd love to have this book in print and eventually I will buy it. I'm not a fan of ebooks but I do like the format. I don't ever see myself fully committing to them because I love my print books. I do see myself rereading Defying Destiny, I will read the next book, and I'm not saying that because Kylie gave me both books. I'd love to read anything from Kylie and I know I would have still if I never entered the Goodreads giveaway. I recommend her books to everyone.


Rating: 4 out of 5.

Page Count: 240 pages Kindle edition

Price: Free from the author but Amazon $2.99

Next Book: The Ghost Files by Apryl Baker


I'm sorry, I'm going to try and get back into things but sometimes adulting takes over ones life.
~Jade



You can also follow me on these sites: Facebook, Goodreads, Tumblr and now YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment