Friday, May 16, 2014

The Scot, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by Annette Blair (Large Print Edition)

This is the third book in the Accidental Witch trilogy by Annette Blair. With the title as it is, it's not a parody of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Unknowingly I read the third book, my mom had read it first and said that I had to read it as well. She didn't know there where two books before it either. If I can find the other two I will read them but if I can't, I can't.

A love that once was is broken against wills. The man, Rory MacKenzie Scottisch ancestor, sends a special, beautifully carved unicorn, as a piece of his eternal devotion. The clan's glory needs to be restore, and Rory is the man to do it. Though Victoria Cartwright got the key to the wardrobe through inheritance. Legend says only her ancestors' magic can reveal the treasure within.

As I stated before my mother told me that she wanted me to read the book. I did and I loved it. I was laughing the whole way through the book with Victoria and Rory going at each other. There is more to the story than just the unicorn. There is a curse on someone's family and on the other there are witches. Then the cat just attacks Rory a few good times, I laughed all the time. While I was reading the description of Victoria, however, I liked how Blair didn't make her a smaller person. She made it a point to make her curvy, and the triplets as well. It shows that even girls in books are curvy, curves are natural. If the other two books are like this one I definitely want to read them. I also like that there is so much more to each character then what little snippets you get. For those of you who have read this book, Brock was an interesting character..

A big part of the book was things happening to Rory because of Victoria rhyming, and it made me almost forget that there was even a plot to the book. I was just looking forward to what was going to happen next to Rory. It wasn't that big of a deal, but just something to note.

The Scot, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was a quick and easy read. I was laughing lots, and even aww'ed at a few spots. I recommend this to everyone, it is a "adult romance" book and there is a few sexual scenes. If you can handle less detailed sex then you are all good. As for owning this book, I wouldn't say that I would go out right now and buy it. If I had the money on me and I ran across it I might pick it up. Though I would get the original edition seeing as this copy is a large print.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Page Count: 389 (hardcover)

Price: ???

Next Book: Gladiator by Darren Shan

Thank you for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment