Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Command Me by Geneva Lee

Command Me is the first book in The Royals saga by Geneva Lee. I'm going to get this out of the way here and now. This is not a book for those under 18, if mature enough I would say 16 is the youngest. There are hot and heavy sex scenes and it is just going to continue from here in the books to come. If you do not like BDSM related sex, don't read. You've been warned. Also this book doesn't come with the usual summary for a book. So I will do what I don't like to and use what is given (but I do like what was given!). As another little note this book was once called For King and Country so if it sounds familiar it just may be.

When he kissed me, I was shocked. He was a stranger and still so familiar. It wasn't until I woke up to my picture splashed on the cover of tabloids that I realized I knew who he was. Prince Alexander of Cambridge. Royal bad boy. Exiled heir to the throne. He isn't Prince Charming. He's controlling. He's demanding. He's dangerous. And I can't say no to him. We both have secrets—secrets that could tear us apart or drive us closer together—and as the paparazzi exposes each one, I have to decide just how far I'm willing to go for King and Country.

I like this. I like this a lot. Alexander or X, is a very alluring character and I can see why. He's a bad boy and a girl goes through her streak of wanting to tame a bad boy or ride along with him. Only this bad boy is a royal. Clare is our other main character, and she's a very likeable but sometimes an annoying character. Then again so is X. Their relationship is one filled with bumps and trials. I think they could have worked through them a little better, but hey sex is sex and why fight it when it's good? I liked the aspect that everything wasn't great in their relationship. Sometimes I find it a little too good to be true when there is nothing wrong between two people. Especially two people like Clare and X. The story line kept me interested for the most part. X isn't a pampered prince, he has his own deeply scarring troubles. And Clare has her head on her shoulders (for the most part), she went to college and furthered herself. I won't lie, the chemistry between X and Clare is hot, and X is a hot man. As far as lesser but equally important characters, Edward was a doll and I can see a lot of readers liking him. I can also see people wanting to smack Pepper as I did, but every book has to have that one character who you love to hate.

I must say with as much as I did like this book, I did find quite a few things annoying. There where predictable points throughout the book. Clare fell into lusting after X very quickly. Don't get me wrong, lusting after someone is fine, but when they warn you that they only want sex and they don't want a relationship, Don't. Get. Attached. You were told sex only, no relationship. Why are you letting yourself get attached so you can get hurt later? *MINI-RANT* Second, he is a flippen' royal, she is a commoner. It. Isn't. Going. To. Work. It doesn't matter what sort of royal and what sort of commoner, it has never been allowed so why now? Especially when they haven't known each other for very long, and especially after Clare saw how everyone treated her. I would be asking myself if I really wanted to be with someone who was with me just to piss off their family and the person their family is expecting them to get married to. Yeah he doesn't like his betrothed but still, Clare is a commoner. A pompous king isn't going to let that happen.*MINI-RANT OVER* Also there is a cliffhanger ending which always drives me insane, even more so with this book because I really want to know how Lee is going to take this. I think I already know how things are going to end, but I don't want to spoil it.

I enjoyed this book more than I didn't, cliffhanger ending and all. I am really hoping that Lee doesn't take some of the more run of the mill paths when it comes to romance, bad boys and everything else. I recommend this book, but I do put a warning on it, which was mentioned in the very beginning of this review. I would also like to say that this isn't going to be everyone's ideal book. Some are going to think it is complete rubbish but we are all entitled to our opinions. I sort of own this book. I did get my copy for free from amazon, but I don't really count ebooks as "real" books. That's just me, I prefer a hard copy in my hands. The second book is out but that is not free. I will review it when ever I get it and read it.

Rating: 4 out of 5.

Price: Free on Amazon

Next Book: Wake by Lisa McMann

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment