Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones

Right on the heels of the last review this is the second book in the Inside Out series. Sadly I don't have the third book but as soon as I get it and read it there will be a review up as usual.

The whereabouts of Rebecca are still unknown. Sara has to deal with her past a lot quicker than she planned with the tormented artist Chris Merit. She wants every bit of the romance promised but she isn't sure if the safety that comes with it is also promised. Her connection with Chris is tested again and again. Once things seem to be perfect something, as usual, comes along and messes it up.

I loved this book as much as the first book, but I found myself getting frustrated in a good way. Everything that I had good to say about the last book also applies to this book. As the reader we find out a lot more about Sara and it just makes us sympathize with her more. There are a few points where I want to slap her for being stupid, but then again I think we all come across that point with characters. If this series where still a trilogy I do think this would be an excellent middle book. Chris and Sara's relationship gets tested a lot in this book, which keeps things interesting. I wouldn't say the testing is with anything huge multiple times, but small things. There was one huge thing, though, one huge, sad thing. The ending was yet another, but smaller cliffhanger.

There was one thing that I did not like about this book. In the book world when there is a series or a trilogy, the main couple tend to break up in the second book. At least I have noticed this a lot through my years of reading. Unfortunately this happens to Sara and Chris. I was hoping that Jones would stray away from this. I understand that authors need to keep their books interesting to keep readers with their books and to get new readers, but I really would like to read a series where the main couple doesn't break up in the second book. Though the break up wasn't a long break up it was one nonetheless.

Overall I really enjoyed reading this book, and I read it all in one day. The ending just makes me want to hunt down the next book and read it as well. Once again I do recommend this book to others but as a warning it is an erotic romance, so there is sex. Even with the trend of couples breaking up in the second book I was still very pleased with this book.

Rating: 5 out of 5.

Page Count: 351 pages (paperback)

Price: $15 (I got if for around $9-$11 at Sam's Club)

Next Book: Procession of the Dead by Darren Shan

Thank you for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment