Friday, March 7, 2014

Bad Blood by Mari Mancusi

This is the fourth book in the Blood Coven series. I do have reviews for the other three books up.

The Blood Coven decides that Magnus needs a blood mate because Sunny isn't a vampire therefore not a co-ruler in their eyes. Jane Johnson is chosen because of her Oxford University background, and she looks like a supermodel for vampires. Sunny being the way she is, is not fooled by Jane's demeanor and lack thereof knowledge for Oxford. Magnus doesn't think anything of it and brushes her off more then once. Sunny and Rayne secretly go along to Vegas where Magnus and Jane are going to have their bonding ceremony. Sunny's determined to know what is going on with Jane, and not everything stay's in Vegas.

Back to Sunny's POV, we see things are not going that great for her and Magnus. I like that Mancusi shows that sometimes one person in a relationship may not be paying enough attention to the other person, especially when things are not going great. Though Sunny hasn't really grown in this book, she does prove that she can take hits and keep moving. I liked that though Sunny was ready to throw everything away with Magnus she still kept trying and didn't give up. I also like that even though Rayne was too upset with recent discoveries and didn't help Sunny that much, Sunny still did everything with minimal help and to the best of her abilities. She looked at the good in the situations and tried not to think of the bad as much as she could. She proves to be a lot stronger and a lot older mentally then what Magnus was seeing. I did like the ending as well, it shows that the series is not over with

There where many things that I didn't like, but it wasn't anything serious. It was just about events that happened in the book. They are huge things that happened in the book that shocked me and made me mad at the characters. They are also huge spoilers so I will just put them all in one big spoiler alert as usual. The first thing that I didn't like that I can say wasn't a spoiler was that Magnus was a huge ass to Sunny when she had every right to be jealous and upset. He was a huge butt and could have been a lot better about it but he does apologize. Now for the spoilers..*SPOILER-ALERT* The other things that I didn't see coming was that the twins father ended up having an love child with his secretary and so Sunny and Rayne have a half-sister named Stormy. Next was that Mancusi would pull the identical twin switch again. It was a great twist but almost just another repeat of the first book. Then the ending with the twins were told that they are full blooded fairies and the royal court is calling them home. And where is this fairy court? Off the coast of Ireland on an island. Why is everything taking place near or around the Ireland area that deals with fairies of some sort? Examples: The Fever/MacKayla Lane series and now this. I think I just might go to Ireland to see some of these fairies for myself.*SPOILER-ENDED* Now that that is done I really don't have anything else to dislike. Though I could have done without the Twilight reference.

For a series found in the "teen" section of my library, it wasn't that bad. It was a quick and easy read, taking me about three hours to finish. I recommend this to other teens, and the only warning I have is for parents that are watchful of what their child reads, this does have a little sex talk but nothing (and I seriously mean nothing) crazy. I wouldn't have a problem letting my teen (if I had any, and I don't with only being 19) read this book. This series is turning out to be more and more interesting. I don't know if I would want to buy this series, I will wait till I read the last book in the series to decide if I want to or not.

Rating: 4 out of 5.

Page Count: 230 pages (paperback)

Price: $9.99

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment