Friday, March 7, 2014

Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon

This is the twenty-second book in the Dark-Hunter series, depending on how you look at it and what books you count to be in what series. I know I jumped from the nineteenth book to this one, that is because I have already read those books, before I started this blog. I have read basically all of Kenyon's books.

Kateri doesn't believe in anything supernatural. She has been haunted with all sorts of dreams and images, and of a man that she doesn't even know. But sometimes, you have to see to believe. Ren is trying to keep a prophecy from coming true. Along the way he has to fight an evil to keep from possessing him. Not that easy when he has to keep Kateri alive to help with the prophecy, and wonder if she will end up killing him in the end as well.

Time Untime for me was more on the sweet side, for me. Other Kenyon books are more on the action side with splashes of cute, sweetness throughout the book. Ren was a character that needed that extra kindness and sweetness because of his horrible past. *SPOILER-ALERT* I was expecting Grizzly's hold on Ren at the end to go a little farther, and that Kateri would have had to of come up with some strategic way to get Ren out of Grizzly's hold.*SPOILER-ENDED* It didn't happen that way and it would have made it more of the same. So I am happy that that didn't happen. If I were to compare this book to Zarek's book (Dance With The Devil) I would have to say that it is almost the same. Zarek and Ren both have a slightly worse background, Astrid and Kateri have to show them that not everyone is out to harm them. But everything else is different, which I am glad. Overall my favorite character is Ren, I found him adorable and I have not a clue why. I couldn't put this book down, I had to keep reading it, I had to know what was coming up next and what was going to happen, so that is a plus.

Even with one thing not happening, that I mention in the spoiler, this book was a little predictable. But not as much as I thought it was going to be. That could be just me though, and someone else picks up Time Untime and they think it is completely predictable. There are parts that are predictable, and there are parts that I thought one thing was going to happen and it didn't. Besides being slightly predictable, I didn't have any problem with reading Time Untime.

Just like last time, I recommend this series and Kenyon as a author as a whole, to a slightly more mature audience. Just because of the sex dialog that pops up. I own this book, it is a resident on one of my two bookshelves. I only had one thing that I didn't really like, and it wasn't even that big of a problem. Ren and Kateri reminded me of Zarek and Astrid, which I found cool. This is a shorter conclusion, because I would just be repeating everything from the last book I did a review on for Kenyon.

Rating: 5 out of 5.

Page Count: 374 pages (paperback)

Price: $7.99 (I got it for $5.99 at Wal-Mart)

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

*Just something I remembered. I don't normally find spelling mistakes in books, but this one caught my eye. It is the last page of chapter ten. It is the word "sauce" in the book it is spelled "sance". I love spelling mistakes, not to rip on the author or the publishers, or anyone (because sometime I, myself have a horrendous time of spelling). I think they make books pretty cool, even if it is in every single book, I love them. Now if it is a pretty bad mistake, that's when I will be a little like "what no one noticed this". That has yet to happen to me. Back to this spelling error, I caught it, giggled, pointed it out to my mom, and went on. It was that quick, and that cool. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment