Friday, March 7, 2014

Passion by Lauren Kate

This is the third book in the Fallen series. I have a review for the second book up already. I don't have one for the first book because I read that before I started this blog.

Time after time Luce has died for Daniel. It doesn't matter what time in history they meet, after so long of knowing each other, Luce eventually goes up in flames. Daniel is left with a broken heart. Luce thinks that by going back in time she can figure out something to stop this horrible curse. She goes back and one after another she witnesses her time with Daniel for herself. Something or someone has to be able to help her. All of the angels, and Outcasts are trying to get to Luce, but none are as determined as Daniel. One slip and Luce can rewrite history and their love could disappear forever this time.

Passion picks up right after Torment leaves off. I liked this because there is no jump in time and it wouldn't make sense if there was. Luce jumps into an Announcer (windows to the past) and goes back again and again. After about the second or third past life that she sees she realizes that things happen the same way every time, just for different reasons. It's nice to read some of the past lives because they are interesting. You learn more about Cam which is nice because after the first two books in the series you are interested in him. I have a love hate turmoil going on with one character. He's this little, sassy gargoyle named Bill that comes along to help Luce travel around. Right away you know something is not right about him, but after sometime you grow to like (and even love him in my case) him and you want him to be good. He's hilarious and had me laughing a number of times. *SPOILER-ALERT* But in the end he ends up being one of the main bad guys. *SPOILER-ENDED* There weren't too many things that I liked about this book, but then again there weren't many things that I didn't like, and I will explain later.

One thing that I didn't like but saw coming was Bill. I wanted him to stay good for the whole book and become that little guy that pops out later in the last book to give words of wisdom and advice. Another thing that I didn't like was after a while things became very redundant with each life that Luce visited, and very little was different. I know that was the point, but for the reader we get it after about the second or third past life. After that I wanted to skip through things until Luce did realize something that went along with the curse. To me this book wasn't super exciting or intriguing except at the beginning and at the very end.

As I said there wasn't too much that I like or disliked about this book. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. It was okay. I will be reading the last book, and doing a review on it. So far as of reading this third book, I wouldn't reread this series in order. I might reread the first book and maybe the last depending on how it goes. The first book is probably the only book that I would want to own. This is considered a "Teen" novel, and that is who I would recommend it to, teens.

Rating: 3 out of 5.

Page Count: 420 pages (hardcover)

Price: $17.99

Next Book: Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed.
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment