Friday, March 7, 2014

Stake That! by Mari Mancusi

This is the second book in the Blood Coven series. I did review the first book a few posts ago. That book is called Boys That Bite. I haven't been feeling very well so I am sorry if my next few reviews suck :)

Instead of having Sunny narrate the book her twin sister Rayne is. Rayne keeps everyone updated through her blog, then through a written diary. Every generation there is a vampire slayer, and Rayne is the chosen one. She has to stake a vampire that has created and spreading a blood disease. Magnus hears about the news and sends his general Jareth in with Rayne to help.

Rayne so far is one of my favorite characters in this series. In this book the readers really get a look into Rayne's mind, and it's pretty nice. I love the ending to this book as well, it is a bittersweet ending. The reader also gets to know Rayne and Suuny's dad a little better too in this book. Jareth is another awesome character, though he annoyed me from time to time. *SPOILER-ALERT* I love that Rayne gets her wish in the end of the book. She and Jareth together forever, sans the vampire powers because of the stupid virus.*SPOILER-ENDED*

This book is a little like the first book. One twin gets in trouble and has to run around before time runs out and something happens to them. So the storyline is a little predictable, especially at the end of the book, and roughly in the middle of the book. Those are probably my only complaints.

Overall, besides being a bit predictable I enjoyed reading this book. Along with the first book, I would buy this book if I had the money on me and saw it on the shelf. I am going to try and get the third book which is Girls That Growl and try to do a review on that one sometime soon.

Rating: 4.3 out of 5.

Page Count: 280 pages (paperback)

Price: $9.99

Next Book: The Eternal Kiss 13 Tales of Blood and Desire

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment