Friday, March 7, 2014

Zom-B Angels by Darren Shan

This is the fourth book in the Zom-B series. And the reason why I put Zom-B in the name as well is because if you were to pick up this book or any of the other Zom-B books, Zom-B is the first thing that you are going to see title wise. Once again I am a huge fan of Shan's seeing as I have been reading his books since I was in grade school, but I will leave my bias thoughts out of this review. Don't forget comments are welcome :)

B is back in the fourth installment of Zom-B. She has all but given up hope for normal human existence, but she keeps seeing these strange signs all over the place. Following the sign of a Z and an arrow, she finds a group of people called 'Angels'. They want to go up against the evil forces of the undead. But everything is not what it seems, and it is up to B to find out what the real war is about.

When we left off in the last book (Zom-B City) she was greeted by a guy in an supposed abandoned building. This man is another revived, a zombie that has their wits about them. His name is Dr. Oystein, and he has a huge story that I will not spoil. No the spoiler that you may or may not read is the back story for him. *SPOILER-ALERT* In fact everyone in the compound is a revived except two people.*SPOILER-ENDED* There are three characters that we meet in the first or second book that have come back into the light in this book. I love that. I hate when authors introduce characters, and then they just never show up ever again as the other books come out. I love that Mr. Dowling does not make an appearance in this book, but that mean that he will be coming up more and more in the coming books. And this is hinted toward as well. There are many things that are hinted toward but never fully exposed.

Now I had one huge problem with this book. It seems like it is just a filler book. Nothing huge happens in this book other then the reader finds out some huge things. No real action takes place like in the previous three books. Yes these books are on the smaller side, but this book really seemed like a filler for the series. Half of the things that took place in this book could have simply been explained and taken place in the next book. But that is just me, some other reader may find that this book is a perfect calm after all that has happened in the past three books. To each their own. Other then that there where no other complaints about the book.

I am very happy that three characters came back from the first or second book. I love that big secrets for Dr. Oystein is spilled but others are still kept. I didn't like that this book seemed like a filler for the series. Though this book is from the 'Teen' section in my library, I do recommend this book to people of all ages. I am extremely happy that Mr. Dowling didn't appear and was only talked about, but I am really not looking forward to him in the coming books. I do not have a fear of clowns but Mr. Dowling really is pushing me toward one.

Rating: 3 out of 5.

Page Count: 182 pages (hard cover).

Price: $15.

Next Book: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment