Friday, March 7, 2014

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

This is the fourth book in the Vampire Academy series. Before I started this blog I did read the other three books. Sorry it has taken me so long to get another book review up, I was visiting my friends and they didn't have a very reliable internet source.

Rose Hathaway has gone on a mission, one that is entirely risky. Will she kill Dimitri, or choose eternal love? Things at St. Vladimir isn't great, either. Lissa is becoming rebellious, and now unguarded with Rose gone. Rose has to make some tough decisions and hope for the best. In Blood Promise Rose is trying to keep a promise that she made to Dimitri, to kill him if he ever went Strigoi. To do this she travels to Russia to track down Dimitri, and along the way she meets new people and really grows as a character.

Rose is a beautiful character. She is tough, and reliable, but when you need a friend Rose would be the person to go to. She is that best friend that everyone needs to have. Rose grows so much in this book, she realizes that she cannot have everything work out even remotely in her favor. She makes sacrifices, and deals with the outcomes. Some of these choices involve Lissa, Dimitri, and herself. She loses her way *SPOILER-ALERT* when she does find Dimitri *SPOILER-ENDED* but she does find herself again, and when she does things pick up and do not stop till the end of the book, but even the ending is big. I loved basically everything about this book. I wouldn't have liked the ending if I didn't own the next book. I also liked that this book is on a accomplished longer side. What do I mean by this? Mead did an excellent job with this lengthy book, by not having over exaggerated descriptions, unnecessary conversations, and being just plain wordy. That's what I think. Someone may not agree with me, but I think Mead did a great job.

There was  one thing that I did not like about Blood Promise and that would be that *SPOILER-ALERT* Rose didn't find Dimitri till a little more then halfway through the book *SPOILER-ENDED* so the last half of the book seemed to be completely full of twists and turns. I did like this at the same time, but for the most part I didn't because it drove me insane when I had to stop reading to do what I needed to do. Like I said before if I didn't own the next book the ending would have drove me insane because it is a cliffhanger. There isn't really anything else that I didn't like with this book.

I was, overall, very pleased with this book, and this series so far. The book was long, but I finished it relatively quickly. I cannot wait to read the next book, with the way that this one ended, this next book should be just as good as this one. I will, one day, have every single book in this series on my bookshelf. I will also reread this series, which isn't a common thing for me to do with a series of books. With only one complaint about Blood Promise, and my overall happiness with this book I would definitely recommend this series to anyone who likes a spin on vampires.

Rating: 5 out of 5.

Page Count: 503 pages (hardcover)

Price: $16.99

Next Book: (hopefully) World War Z by Max Brooks*

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

 *Just as a reminder, it is taking me longer then anticipated to read this book. It is not your conventional read, and it is a little on the dull side for me. So I might pick up another book and read it along side World War Z, again. I will do a review on this book and if not I will say why I was unable to complete the book and give a review for as much of it as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment