Friday, March 7, 2014

Zom-B City by Darren Shan

This is the third book in the Zom-B series. Now to impatiently wait for the fourth book to get to my library.

B is out of the secret military compound and outside roaming London's deserted streets. Will she join Mr. Dowling? Everything has changed and there is danger everywhere now.

This was a slower book, out of the three books that I have read so far. I liked this because the past two books have been packed with nonstop action that this book allows the reader to take a breather without being too slow. There are things that happen throughout the book, which keeps the reader engaged. Mr. Dowling makes a reappearance in the end and he is still just as flippen' creepy as the first time he made an appearance in the second book. *SPOILER-ALERT* I love how Shan made all the other zombies unsure of B until they know for sure that she is a zombie and not worth eating. *SPOILER-ENDED* I really want to warn everybody that all three books have a 'to be continued' ending, and it drives me insane sometimes.

*MINI-RANT* If I saw anything as creepy as Mr. Dowling just walking around I would scream like a little girl and lose my mind. Shan has created the creepiest clown/zombie thing ever and he creeps me out if you can't tell. I do not like Mr. Dowling at all. I am beyond happy that he is fictional. I would not want to live on this planet anymore if Mr. Dowling was real.*MINI-RANT-ENDED*

There is very few things that I didn't like about this book and it would be the appearance of Mr. Dowling, if you can't tell from my mini rant above. The other thing that I didn't like is how short the book is, because I wanted to keep reading, and keep reading. Along with this book being so short, the past two books were short as well and I can finish them within a few hours of starting them. Those were the only two complaints that I had about this book, really.

This series is turning out to be really nice, I get all the gory goodness I want. Yet again I love Shan's work, and I want all of his books one day, and this series is not exception. I recommend this series to people who like zombie books, and this series has  a spin on it as well that I am really enjoying.

Rating: 5 out of 5.

Page Count: 166 pages (hardcover)

Price: $14.99

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment