Friday, March 7, 2014

Zom-B by Darren Shan

My library finally got the first and third book in the Zom-B series. I did review the second book earlier.

B doesn't think the outbreak in Ireland is true, not until the school that B goes to gets attacked. B lives with a racist, and abusing father, and a mother who just goes along with it. Life was simple for B, go to school, don't annoy father, and hang out with friends. But sometimes that simplicity goes wrong quickly.

I am glad that I read the second book before the first book, because I would have been confused as to what gender B is. In this first book B is not referenced to as a male or female. This would have confused me, because I would have gone along not knowing what to reference B as. There are a few hints about what gender B is, but nothing that jumps out and waves at the reader. I didn't mind this so much but it annoyed me a little. *SPOILER-ALERT* Towards the end of the book the reader does get a full and direct person saying what gender B is. *SPOILER-ENDED* The book was simple and a quick read, which I think all of the books in this series will be. Which makes it pretty nice. I love that this book is never really dull, there is always something happening. I also love the ending to this book by a landslide.

I also don't like the fact that I know all of the books are going to be on the smaller side, because I was able to read this book within a few hours. I don't want to finish the books so quickly, but they are action packed from the first page. There really isn't much I have to complain about this book. Like I said I did do a review for the second book not too long ago.

Darren Shan is one of my favorite authors. I have been reading anything by him since I was in middle school, and I am going into my second year of college now. I definitely recommend any of his book, and the Zom-B series is shaping up to be the same way. I want to one day own all of Shan's books. He is a great Teen book writer that people of all ages can get into. I have the third book on hand like I said and I will be doing a review of that as well, probably really soon.

Rating: 5 out of 5.

Page Count: 174 pages (hardback)

Price: $14.99, I paid $5.97 at Meijer.

Next Book: Zom-B City by Darren Shan

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment