Friday, March 7, 2014

Boys That Bite by Mari Mancusi

This is the first book in The Blood Coven series. Also it is marked as a "Teen" novel at my local library. And yes it is about vampires. This review isn't going to be long simply because I would have to put spoiler alerts around everything.

Twins Sunny and Rayne are polar opposites, but love each other nonetheless. Sunny accidently gets confused for her twin at a local club, and gets bitten by a vampire. With the help of her sister and Magnus (the vampire), she ends up having a week to find the Holy Grail to change back to being a human, before the vampire transformation completes itself.

I loved all of the main characters, they were easy to relate to either knowing someone in your friends group or family.  I also liked that it is different from other vampire stories. Once you are bitten you have one week to get some blood from the Holy Grail. While trying to stay away from the vampire slayer.

I didn't like the ending simply because I didn't check out the second book in the series to read right after I got done with this one. I didn't like how predictable the story line was but, it is in the "Teens" section of my library so it is to be expected.

Though the story line is a little predictable Boys That Bite was a quick and good read. For me this wasn't the typical "vampire novel", yes it did have romance in it but it wasn't bad. It was a sweet romance. If I had the money on me and I saw the book in the store I would buy it. The next book in the series is Stake That! I am hoping that the library has it on the shelf.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

Page Count: 262 pages.

Price: $9.99 (paperback)

Next book: Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment