Friday, March 7, 2014

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Faefever is the third book in the MacKayla Lane series. So if you haven't read this series yet, haven't read this book yet I would probably just ignore this post. This blog is going to be a bit of a weird one, and a little different from my usual.

Mac starts receiving pages of Alina's journal. Mac knows that someone is messing with her, she just doesn't know who, or why. The closer that All Hallows Eve approaches, the more needy Barron's and V'lane become in the quest to find the Sinsar Dubh. Mac is soon fighting for every ounce of her being.

Barron's is still pissing me off, and has been since the second book. Though in this book he makes me even more pissed off. As much as I love him being the mysterious character, the readers still do not know what he is. Once Mac gets a lead and thinks that she can figure him out, it just gets flushed down the toilet. V'lane on the other hand becomes a little more appealing, but then at the same time a little annoying, because the reader knows that he does some things just because of the nature of him being a Fae. Rowena proves to me just how closed minded she is in this book, but at the same time she does show her loyalty toward the abbey. I hated the ending because of how much of a cliffhanger it is. I am glad that the rest of the series is published, and I don't have to wait a year for the next one. Jayne proves to be some help *SPOILER-ALERT* after Mac opens his eyes to the world around him and just what is going on. *SPOILER-ENDED* Barron's mainly pisses me off though.

I am happy that this is a book that is not overruled by the main characters falling in love and trying to be together. Yes you realize that Mac and Barron's have a thing, but they will not indulge in it because they just won't. And because they are polar opposites, having fun arguing with each other. That' what I think.

*SPOILER-ALERT* I do love how all hell breaks loose and Mac ends up finding somewhere good to hide, only to have it come crumbling down as she gets seduced but three Unseelie sex Fae. She ends up doing what she never wanted to do with V'lane with the three Unseelie all because she had to eat some Unseelie flesh to make it through the riots that they were creating. So her sidhe-seer powers were dulled to the max. And then at the end LM comes in and takes her captive because Mac has basically lost her mind when she has sex with the Unseelie. And then Moning ends it there, on such a cliffhanger.*SPOILER-ENDED*

For being the third book in the series, I think that it really draws the reader in and wanting the fourth book. It ends just right that the reader wants to continue the series and is not predictable enough so that you know what is going to happen a few pages later. I personally couldn't put the book down and finished it within three to four days. Though characters drive me insane from time to time (like Barron's) I still wanted to know what they were going to do. This is a series that I would love to own and will one day. I used to have the first book, but it magically grew legs and walked away.

Rating: 0 of 5, because of the cliffhanging ending...just kidding, 4.5 of 5.

Page Count: 327 pages (including the Glossary)

Price: $23.00 (hardcover)

Next book: Claimed by the Wolf by Charlene Teglia

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment