Friday, March 7, 2014

Sex and the Single Vampire by Katie MacAlister

This is the second book in the Dark Ones series. I did not know that, and I have owned this book for a number of years. I will try to do a review on the first book if my library owns it, and when I get around to reading it.

Allegra Telford, she's a Summoner who has found herself wrapped in a web of ghosts, demons, vampires, and much more. She knows all the right things to say about her slight limp, and her almost constant wearing of sunglasses. Christian Dante is a Moravian Dark One. He has spent nine hundred years looking for his Beloved, the one who can redeem his soul. They are polar opposites who have to make things work for the greater good. Something easier said, than done.

To begin I love the fact that Allegra and Christian are so opposite of each other. Allegra is an independent woman, who doesn't like to take orders, and stubborn. Christian is used to women who bend to the mans demand, he's arrogant, domineering, and overly protective. They butt heads at every turn, and sometimes it is hilarious to read some of the things they do together. Almost all of the characters, and ghosts MacAlister introduces in this book are hysterical. They all have their own personality and are not very similar at all. I like that things didn't get dull in the book often, there was always something that needed to be taken care of, and it all lead up to the ending. Most of all I love that Allegra and Christian bend to accommodate each others likes and dislikes...after a lot of leering at each other. I love how the ending didn't just come and go. It lasted (what I feel to be) a good amount of time. Though in some parts it did get a little tedious, I was overall happy with it. And the pink demon that was summoned.

The only thing I have to complain about is that while I was reading this book, I found that I could think about other things and still read. So it didn't really hold my attention as much as I would have liked but that's just me. There wasn't anything else that I didn't like about the book, I was genuinely happy while reading.

Overall I was happy with characters, plot, and the ending of this book. Obviously from the title of this book, it is one for a more mature audience. Though in all honesty I am sure there is much more intense books out there when it comes to sex spots in the book. I do like the way that MacAlister writes so I do look forward to reading more from her. I do recommend this book to others. I do own this book.

Rating: 4 out of 5.

Page Count: 371 pages (paperback).

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment