Friday, March 7, 2014

Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Large Print edition)

First off I am going to say that I am a big Kenyon fan, and if you are not I am perfectly okay with that. Secondly if you are also a fan of Kenyon and are just beginning the Dark-Hunter (DH) series, you may want to think about reading this post. Sins of the Night is the eighth book in the series if you go by the reading order in the front of one of the other DH books.

In this DH book we get to meet Alexion and Danger. Alexion we have heard about off and on in a few other books. Kenyon suggests in the Author's Foreword that you go to the back of the book and read the short story The Beginning. This short story gives you a little insight as to how Alexion came to be with Acheron. In Sins of the Night Alexion is called in to judge some rebelling DH's, and along the way he gets to meet Danger.

What I didn't like about the book is that, this book follows the same exact flow as the rest of the books with just slight variations. DH meets soul mate, soul mate is either completely okay with what is going on-or is not okay with what is going on, DH saves soul mate, DH/soul mate gets heart broken watching the other one die-or something to that extent, the DH sometimes get his or her soul back, then the happily ever after. I do like for my books to have a happy ending, but how they get there is what I pulls me in. I do understand that when an author finds a style that works for them that they use it. I just want a little more difference from one book to another. Nonetheless I don't think I will get tired of reading Kenyon....well maybe not for a long time.

As usual I love Simi and all her antics in the book, but this time we got double the Simi deal because *SPOILER-ALERT* Xirena (Simi's long lost sister) shows up and is not very much older then Simi herself. *SPOILER-ENDED* I laughed a few times from the demon antics. Something that I thought was a little unusual was that you didn't really get to know a whole lot about Danger's past with her being a DH, but you did get to know the basics. I did like the ending of Sins of the Night though *SPOILER-ALERT* you kind of get to see Acheron getting his not-so-blood-related-family going and it is a nice thing to read, if you haven't already read Acheron's book. *SPOILER-ENDED*

In the end I did like Sins of the Night, but I did not like the same story plot with different characters. I would love to one day add this book to my growing Sherrilyn Kenyon collection. This was a quick read, with the help of it being a large print addition (it's the only copy that my library has). I do recommend this series and also The League series that Kenyon writes. I am not really sure what else to put in this review without giving everything away (which I try not to do), so if you have questions ask away.

Rating: 3.8 of 5.

Page Count: 390 pages (large print)

Price: ???

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment