Friday, March 7, 2014

Sucker Bet by Erin McCarthy

This is the last book in the Tale of Vegas Vampires, there are three short stories that go along with the series. I am unsure whether or not my library has them, but if they do I will be sure to grab them up. I am also thinking of doing a review of the series as a whole. Maybe that will show up later?

In the final novel of this series Gwenna has her story. Donatelli won't leave her alone, no matter what she does. On top of that Gwenna is dealing with a group of vampire slayers killing people. Gwenna is not one to hook up with a guy, but when Nate comes around that changes. Donatelli gets wind of it and is not very happy at all.

I love how Gwenna has been just a background character since the very first book with Ethan and Alex. Then in the third book Gwenna makes more of an appearance. In this book it is obviously about her. She has really come out of her shell, and has a 'no more guys are walking on me!' attitude that fits her. She is trying to get on with her life and she is showing her true colors. I love Gwenna, she has blossomed, she has shown everyone that even with the slayers going around and killing people she can handle herself. Nate helps her come out of her shell as well, where as Donatelli is just a butt as usual. He keeps up with his usual things and doesn't change. I laughed a number of times and they were just perfect.

I didn't like that the action took place at the very end of the book, withing a few pages. That disappointed me. I wanted a little more action then a simple roundup the slayers. That is about my only complaint with this book.

This series is a quick read. I would recommend this series to a more mature audience. I would love to have this series on my bookshelves eventually. I wanted more action time as a whole, but everything else was great.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

Page Count: 296 pages (paperback)

Price: $14

Next Book: World War Z by Max Brooks

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment