Friday, March 7, 2014

Bit the Jackpot by Erin McCarthy

This is the second book in the Tale of Vegas Vampires series. So if I drop a few spoilers without thinking about it from the first book I apologize now. Also I have not looked into how big this series is, I do know that there is a third book out.

Following up on a lead, Seamus (a vampire) ends up in a strip club trying to find someone (yes a stripper but not for that kind of evening ;) ). He ends up getting attacked on a back street, after failing to find the person he needed to find in the strip club. Things happen and a new vampire is made after being hit by a car and dying. Cara is a stripper, but not the one that Seamus is looking for, and her life gets changed completely when she decides to try and help Seamus.

The things that I liked about this book where that McCarthy did not introduce anyone new that was major, but leaves me wondering how far she is going to take this series. I also liked that she took things a little differently than the last book, so things didn't go how I thought they were going to go. *SPOILER-ALERT* Though now that the competitor against Ethan is gone I am also wondering how McCarthy is going to carry on with the next book. *SPOILER-ENDED*

What I didn't like about the book is that *SPOILER-ALERT* now that the main "bad guy" is gone the whole basis for the series is gone. *SPOILER-ENDED* Unless McCarthy ends it at 3 books, which wouldn't make too much sense seeing as it is called a series and not a trilogy. I honestly don't think that I didn't like anything else...

This is one series that is turning out to be one that I would not mind to read again. Would I buy them if I have the money on me and see them, that is a strong probably. I like the way that McCarthy writes. It is easy to understand and flows well. The two books that I have read so far are not long and have only taken me a few days to read. Though sometimes in McCarthy's books it is easy to tell what is coming next.

Rating: 4 out of 5.

Page Count: 299 pages.

Price: $14.00 (paperback)

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment