Wednesday, March 26, 2014

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

This is the first book in the Inside Out series. It is no longer a trilogy there are 5 books planned, including the first 3 that are out already. There are also quite a bit of novellas planned and a couple out already, I do what to get those and read them. Once I do the reviews will be up for them.

In this erotic romance book, a school teacher is turned on to so many things that she didn't know existed. Best friend of Sara McMillan gives her a key to a storage locker, that she won off of an auction. Inside that locker lies a journal of a woman named Rebecca. She has this crazy love with a man who is never named and Sara get wrapped up in the ecstasy of her life and love. The journal entries come to a halting end and Sara becomes consumed in finding out what happened to Rebecca and travels down nearly the same path that she did.

Holy hell my peeps! This book was a crazy one that I could not stop reading I finished in a day and I wanted so much more of it. I loved every bit of Sara and man oh man, Chris Merit is a hunk. Every turn and bump in the story was interesting to figure out how Sara was going to overcome it and how Jones was going to take it. I found that I loved quite a number of characters and I loved to hate Sara's new boss at her new job. If you liked Fifty Shades, then you will enjoy this book. Everything that you wanted from Fifty is in this book. I was terrified that it was just going to be another repeat of Fifty and having nothing but a erotic sex plot and nothing else, but it isn't. There is a lot less sex than Fifty but there is still some. I would also classify this book in the mystery genera though, just not as hardcore as other mysteries are. Sara's love for paintings is something new that I haven't read about, and was a welcome change.

Really I didn't not like anything about it. I wish it were longer of a book but the ending was a good one. Hint: cliffhanger. There were a few spots of predictability and only one major thing that I knew before it was exposed. I wasn't too disappointed simply because I didn't know what would come from it.

Honestly I loved this book, I devoured it in one day like I said before. It is a quick read for those who read quicker than others. I do recommend it to others just keep in mind there is sex in this book. So if you don't want to read a book with sex in it, don't read this book. This is my personal copy and I want all the novellas that are out and coming out along with the rest of this series. I do hope that this series stays just as good as this first book. I would most definitely read this book again.

Rating: 5 out of 5.

Page Count: 340 pages (paperback)

Price: $15 (I got it for around $9-$11 at Sam's Club)

Next Book: One more book review before I reveal what I am reading next, it isn't a big surprise I just want to put it where it belongs.

Thank you so much for reading! Sorry about this one being short I didn't want to give anything good away
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment