Friday, March 7, 2014

A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan

This is the first book in the Cirque du Freak series. I have read this series before but it was a really long time ago. Like back in middle school. So I have decided to reread this series again. It was the highlight of my middle school years. So please enjoy :)

Darren ventures to a late night freak show takes him deep into the world of vampires. He thinks it will be just another night, but instead it just turns into one bad event after another for Darren. Will he join the ranks of the undead?

It really has been a long time since I read this book. I didn't remember everything but I do remember somethings. My favorite character out of this whole book would have to be Madam Octa. She is one of the reasons why everything goes wrong for Darren. *SPOILER-ALERT* I like that one doesn't have to become a full on vampire, they can become a half-vampire and eventually the vampire blood will take over and then they will become a full vampire. *SPOILER-ENDED* I also like that in this series vampires do not live forever but to some it may seen forever. Shan puts a spin on the normal way that everyone is used to seeing some become a vampire.

For a book labeled "teen" at my library it would be an easy read even for a teenager to read. That being said for me to read it at 19 it was a little slow, and it's perfectly understandable. I really don't have anything else to say that I didn't like, besides being a little slow for me it was okay.

Shan is an author that I love to read. Like I said before I am thinking of rereading this series all over again. I do want to have this series on my bookshelf, and I own this book and one other from the series. I do recommend this book series to other people, older and younger, who wants something to read that is on the easier and quicker side. This was a really short review but this was a really easy book to read. I only had one complaint, and there were a few things that I remembered and liked from the first book.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

Page Count: 266 pages (paperback)

Price: $7.99

Next Book: Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon :D

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment