Friday, March 7, 2014

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

I will continue to do reviews here on Blogger and Tumblr. The URL for my Tumblr is in the very first post I have done here on blogger. You don't have to touch the Tumblr if this is more convenient for you, I just wanted people to have another way of reading my reviews.

This is the fourth book in the Fever or MacKayla Lane series, which ever you go by. I have reviewed the two before this book. I didn’t review the first because I have already read it before I started doing book reviews.

In the last book Mac was in the process of becoming a Pri-ya. This book picks up directly where it left off. Mac is in a heap of trouble, and things are just starting to get going now. The two people who were supposed to save her, still have their secrets and they are not getting any better. The world still needs to be saved, and the Lord Master is still after Mac. Hell broke loose literally on Halloween, and the pieces need to be picked up soon before the humans are killed completely.

Well I didn’t see this coming when I started reading this series. Moning has captivated me and I can’t wait to check out the final book in the series from my library. I am pleased to say that Barron’s didn’t piss me off in this book, but we still do not know what he is. I am hoping that that is revealed in the last book in some way. Mac and Dani make a great team in this book, and for a little over half the book Dani is in the scene constantly which I liked. Mac is also coming more into her birthright strength. *SPOILER-ALERT* Obviously Mac cannot be left as a Pri-ya, but Barron’s screwing her brains out to get her back to not being a Pri-ya I was not expecting. Though it was a “finally!" moment, I didn’t see it happening in that particular way. *SPOILER-ENDED* V’lane wasn’t around as much as I thought he would be, and I wonder what he was doing. Though the LM is around a lot more in this book, too.

What I wasn’t too happy about with this book is the ending because it is an eminence cliffhanger. I cannot wait to get my hands on the last book. The other thing I didn’t like was how wordy things became after a while. It was completely needed because of the fact that the things taking place, are not anything that anyone can see on a day to day basis. Those two things are about the only complaints that I have about this book

This book left me hanging and frustrated about that, but at the same time it is needed to keep the reader engaged. I want this series on my bookshelf one of these days, and I know that the last book will not leave me wholly disappointed. I will do a review of that book as well, eventually.

Rating: 5 out of 5.

Page Count: 388 pages (including Letter From the Author, Glossary, Recipes from Dublin, and the Acknowledgments)

Price: $26 (hardcover)

Next Book: Girls That Growl by Mari Mancusi

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment