Friday, March 7, 2014

Bled Dry by Erin McCarthy

This is the third book in the Tale of Vegas Vampires series. I have reviewed the second book in the series as well.

In Bled Dry Brittany and Corbin are the stars of the book. Brittany has a bit of a situation that came about from the first book, when she and Corbin slept together. She's pregnant. Corbin proves to be more maternal then everyone thinks, even when he is still trying to find that cure that no one believes in.

This series hasn't been what I have expected, though I am only on the third book and there is another full novel, and three short stories. I really like that about this series. *SPOILER-ALERT* I love that those little things in the first book get resolved in this book, like who Brittany's father is, if Corbin is able to find a cure for vampirism, and a little more of a back story for Gwenna.*SPOILER-ENDED* Those little things are what kept me reading this book, and simply because I really like Corbin. I also liked that just because Donatelli was decommissioned in the last book that wasn't the last time the reader heard from him. Corbin had be laughing a few times just with what he said or did, which is a good thing when the author can make the reader laugh.

Though with this being the third book, things have become a little predictable. You basically know what is going to happen in the end as well. Which this is something I have come across with a lot of series. It's just a matter of what happens in the book that keeps me reading now. There really wasn't anything else that I didn't like about this book which is a good thing. I don't like it when I have a lot to not like about a book.

This is a series I would read over again, but not too soon after finishing it. I would also love to own this series in the future. Recommendations do go out for this book for a slightly more mature audience as there are bits of sex spattered throughout the book.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

Page Count: 284 pages (hardcover)

Price: ???

Next Book: Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning.

Thanks for reading!
~Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment